Crisis and Emergency Resources

UW Title IX Reporting and Resources

Visit the Office of the Title IX Coordinator web site for reporting and resources.

Mental Health Resources

University of Washington Counseling Center

The Counseling Center provides free support services that can help with the stress and emotion that comes with unexpected circumstances.

University of Washington Health and Wellness

The Health and Wellness office offers student care, support, and education on important mental and physical well-being topics.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources. To reach the lifeline, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Crisis Connections 

Crisis Connections connects people in need to access the state safety net, whether it’s for mental or emotional support services, housing assistance, or help with financial needs.

Disaster Distress Helpline

SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.

Financial Support

Short Term Loans

The Office of Student Financial Aid has short term loan funds available to students who are experiencing temporary cash flow issues. You may receive up to $2500 or $3200 for undergraduates and graduate students, respectively.

Food Resources 

Campus Food Pantry

The Campus Food Pantry is located in Poplar Hall. Anyone with a Husky ID may access the pantry.

University District Food Bank

The University District Food bank is open for in-store shopping.

Seattle Food Banks

Seattle Food Committee works with 27 food banks to serve those in need. Visit their web site to find the food bank closest to you.

Utility Support

City of Seattle Utility Discount Program (UDP)

The Utility Discount Program (UDP) lowers Seattle City Light bills by 60 percent and Seattle Public Utility bills by 50 percent. To learn more about enrollment in UDP, call (206) 684-0268 or go to:

Snohomish County Energy Assistance

Call 425-388-3880 or go to for more information.