Transferring Study Abroad Credits

The UW Study Abroad Office will transfer credits from your study abroad program to UW credits. Students should make sure their transcripts are sent to UW Study Abroad. Courses will be converted to UW credit when the orange Credit Evaluation Form is completed, signed by the appropriate UW department advisor or faculty, and returned to the Study Abroad Office by the student. Study abroad credits must be converted to UW course equivalencies even if credit is not required for graduation. Students cannot graduate until their foreign study courses have been converted.

For more information on credits earned abroad and conversions, please visit Credits & Grades for Study Abroad.

Language credits will not count towards language or MELC degree requirements until coursework is evaluated, which varies for each language. Please contact Humanities Academic Services about the specific procedure to follow prior to studying abroad.